If you're a DIY home improvement enthusiast, the Makita XT601 18-volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit (6-piece) is a power tool option that will prove to be particularly useful around the home. With this combo kit, you'll get to engage in all sorts of tasks ranging from drilling to cutting and fastening. You'll also not have to spend a lot of money buying the necessary tools for performing different tasks.
Take a few minutes to read through what this cordless combo kit has to offer so that you can make an informed purchasing decision.
Features Star Protection Computer Controls
The Makita XT601 uses star protection communication technology. This enables real time exchange of data between battery's built-in chip and star protection equipped tool. Star protection technology helps to enhance battery life and tool performance by monitoring conditions during use to protect against overheating, overloading, and over discharging.
Combo Pack Offers Six Tools
With the Makita XT601 Combo Kit, you get yourself a real bargain as the kit offers 6 high performance tools at a really affordable price. These include the:
- 6 1/2-inch circular saw that offers fast, hassle-free cutting thanks to its 3,700 RPM
- 4 1/2-inch cut off/angle grinder with an impressive speed of 10,000 RPM
- 1/2-inch hammer driver-drill with a variable speed of 0 to 1,500 RPM and a torque of 480 in.lbs.
- Variable impact drill with adjustable settings of 0 to 2,300 RPM and 0 to 3,200 IPM and a max torque of 1,420 in.lbs.
- Reciprocating saw (featuring 0 to 2,900 SPM) that makes demolition easy and fun
- 4-position Xeon bulb flashlight for use when working in poorly lit areas
Included in this 6-piece combo kit: Circular saw, angle grinder, hammer driver-drill, variable impact drill, reciprocating saw and Xeon bulb flashlight
All tools excel at their respective functions and weigh less than 8 pounds each. Therefore, you'll not only get to enjoy reliable and consistent results but will also be able to work in ease and comfort.
Included Tools Use An 18V Lithium-Ion Battery
The great thing about the Makita XT601 Combo Kit is that all included tools use an 18 volts Lithium-Ion battery. So, if you want to increase the run time of the tools, you'll not have to spend a lot of money buying different batteries. Aside from that, the Li-Ion battery has a few advantages. It can easily handle hundreds of charge and discharge cycles and is quite durable. The battery also has a fast charge time and tends to hold onto its charge for longer. You'll now be able to enjoy more work time and less charge time.
Click to read more...
Comes With a Handy Tool Bag
The Makita XT601 Combo Kit comes with a tool bag that serves several purposes. The bag has several pockets that can fit all the included tools plus any additional accessories. This will help you avoid a cluttered workplace while allowing you to keep track of different tools since you'll know exactly where you've stored them after each use.
This tool bag is also made of high-quality material and features a soft-sided interior that helps to protect your tools against damage during storage.
Take this cordless tool anywhere
Makita XT601 18-volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit Package Details and Accessories
- 1 x 1/2" hammer driver drill
- 1 x 6 1/2" circular saw
- 1 x 4 1/2" angle grinder
- Reciprocating saw
- Powerful impact driver
- 2 Lithium-Ion batteries
- 1 rechargeable flashlight with Xeon bulb
- Carrying/storage bag with wheels
Star protection computer controls protect against overheating, overloading, and over discharging
The Makita XT601 combo kit 15 x 29 x 14 inches.
- All tools are cordless and can therefore be used anywhere
- Included charger features a built-in fan that cools the battery for faster and more efficient charging
- Reciprocating saw enables tool-less blade changes and shoe adjustments
- Battery only requires 30 minutes to fully recharge
- Flashlight offers up to 4 hours runtime on a full charge
- Tools are backed by a 3-year warranty while the battery is backed by a 1-year warranty
- According to some users, the flashlight is not very bright
Amazon Customer Reviews: Click Here
As far as buyers are concerned, the Makita XT601 combo kit makes an excellent buy. Customers have so far given the combo kit almost full marks at many independent review sites and many of them say that this tool features good power and excellent quality. Users also love the quality of the accompanying bag and the long battery life that increases run time.
Makita XT601 18-volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit Price
Today's Price: Click Here
The tools and battery that come with the Makita XT601 combo kit are designed to offer users with the best performance. The battery offers fast charging times and a long run time while the tools offer amazing job-site durability and solid performances. So, if you regularly engage in repair and maintenance tasks around the home, this combo kit is one purchase you'll be glad you made.
Click here for a closer look.