The Dremel 8220-1/28 12-Volt Max Cordless Rotary Tool is one of the most versatile and powerful cutting tools of its kind. With this, you'll be able to grind, cut, polish, or sand many different materials with ease. Handling any task is easy and fast thanks to the accessories integrated nose cap.
Whether you're a part-time jewelry designer, weekend warrior, or just want to grind your dog's toenails at home, you'll appreciate everything this rotary tool has to offer.
In this review, I'll point out the best features and tasks that can be completed with this cutting tool. I'll also be discussing a few issues to consider when buying this item for home or professional use.
Works With All Dremel Rotary Accessories and Attachments
There are loads of Dremel rotary accessories and attachments on the market and the Dremel 8220-1/28 will work with all of them. The unique quick collect lock and EZ twist integrated nose cap make changing accessories and attachments quick and easy. And to help you get started, this Dremel tool comes with 28 versatile accessories (listed below).
Allows for Versatile Cutting
With this Dremel rotary tool, you can cut just about anything if you use the right accessory. Examples of materials this Dremel tool can cut include metal, grout, wood, tile, marble, hard epoxy, concrete, porcelain, brick, and more.
Cuts all sorts of materials like wood, metal, tile, concrete, marble, etc.
Operates at Variable Speeds
The 8220 Dremel rotary tool is capable of operating at variable speeds. The ability to use the power tool at variable speeds maximizes its accessory and attachment versatility.
Click to read more...
To keep up with new and innovative technology, Dremel has upgraded the battery for this rotary tool. It's now powered by a 12-volt Lithium Ion battery for extended use. It also comes with a 1-hour charger to decrease downtime.
Dremel 8220-1/28 12-Volt Max Cordless Rotary Tool Package Details and Accessories
- 1 x Cordless rotary tool
- 1 x Carrying case
- 1 x Charger
- 1 x 12-volt Lithium Ion battery
- 561 Multi-purpose cutting bit
- 426 1/4-inch Fiberglass-reinforced cut-off wheel
- 541 Aluminum Oxide grinding wheel
- 8193 5/8-inch Aluminum Oxide grinding stone
- 4 x 414 Felt polishing wheels
- 4 x 425 Emery polishing wheels
- 421 Polishing compound
- 4 x 429 1-inch Felt polishing wheel
- 407 Coarse 1/2-inch sanding drum
- 2 x 408 1/2-inch 60 grit sanding band
- 3 x 432 1/2-inch 120 Grit sanding band
- 3 x 445 1/2-inch 240 Grit sanding band
- 401 Mandrel
- 402 Mandrel
- Multi-purpose cutting attachment guide
- Click here to see more details at Amazon!
Very versatile and high-performance cutting tool
The Dremel 8220 12-volt MAX Cordless Rotary Tool measures 4 x 3.8 x 9.3 inches and weighs 4.5 lbs.
- Compatible with Dremel EX lock accessories
- Can be used with all Dremel rotary accessories and attachments
- 12-volt power
- Operates off Li-Ion battery
- Speed range of 5,000 to 30,000 RPM
- Can cut many different materials
- Battery last about 33% longer than the Dremel 8200 cordless rotary tool (the older model)
- Features a high-performance motor
- Better for home/hobby use than professional-grade use
- May need a second battery if you're planning to use it at maximum speed for a long period of time
Amazon Customer Reviews: Click Here
The Dremel 12-volt rotary tool is truly a best seller across the board and buyers love this rotary cutter because it's so versatile. Even better, this Dremel tool comes with a variety of accessories and attachments that make completing many tasks easier. It's a definite upgrade from the older 8200 model and will last a very long time.
One concern buyers have with the Dremel 8220-1/28 12-Volt Max Cordless Rotary Tool is that the bits can get very hot with use. The way to avoid this is to try and change the way you hold it. It seems that the bits only get hot with heavy, applied pressure.
Another issue consumers have had with this 12-volt rotary tool is the carrying case included with purchase. The bag is intended to hold the tool and its accessories and attachments. However, buyers have stated that the case is not sturdy enough. To avoid spilling or losing anything in this kit, you should consider using a sturdier bag with enough room for everything in the kit.
Dremel 8220-1/28 12-Volt Max Cordless Rotary Tool Price
Today's Price: Click Here
The Dremel 8200-1/28 12-Volt MAX Cordless Rotary Tool is ideal for any at-home hobbyists. With this Dremel rotary tool, you'll be able to file your dog's toe nails, create jewelry, work with wood, or complete low-key renovation projects. The inclusion of the 28 accessories and attachments adds to the versatility of this tool and makes it a must-have. When not in use, the rotary cutting tool can be stored away easily. Start creating and getting stuff down at home when you choose this Dremel power tool.
Click here for a closer look.